Sunday, November 6, 2011

teachers: over paid?

I read this about teacher pay. I thought this was interesting:
"Although teachers as a group score above the national average on intelligence tests, their scores fall below the average for other college graduates," the pair write. Teachers, they find, also score lower on their SAT and ACT.
Many teachers have little or nothing to offer to students. Some have a tremendous amount to offer. When you pay them the same and give them the same conditions regardless of what they have to offer, it is unlikely to promote excellence, in my opinion.

I know that the public schools are not good enough for my kids. I know that most of what goes on in classrooms is the opposite of what I want for my kids. I have no doubt about that.

The rest of the issues, like why things are they way they are, I'm open to all points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment