Friday, June 3, 2011

6-3-11: good seniors paper, I love cleverbot

Seniors living on the edge in our county. Great document. Best link in the list.

"Jewed the price" back in the news. Honestly, I've never heard anyone say "jew down" in conversation. I hear "gyp" all the time and I don't think people are slighting Gypsies when they use it so I can see that people from another time and place might use "jew down" without thinking about jews. Still, they can stop using it too. How about gyp?

Interesting history of Hudson Waterfront.

Hawthorne Valley stats here.

Local photographer.

More Dems for office.

If you're doing history research, you might want this. Or this.

Tierra Farms.

Rollover accident.

So, Mormons, what are Kinderhook plates? No answer here.

Rape charge?

New local blog. No texting while driving! No programming the GPS! No searching the ipod!

Pull over for all that. Or at a red light?

Some history tucked in here somewhere.

New Lebanon librarian contributes to Library Journal (review).

Public Notice
Town of Stuyvesant
Republican Caucus
Notice is hereby given to the enrolled Republicans of the Town of Stuyvesant that a caucus for the purpose of nominating candidates for election to town offices at the general election to be held on November 8th, 2011 will be held at the Stuyvesant Town Hall, 5 Sunset Drive at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday June 14th, 2011
2 Town Board members- 4-year term
1 Supervisor position- 2-year term
Michael J. Naegeli, Chairman

Have you ever seen cleverbot? It's a program that learns by people talking to it. I tried this:


Do you think numbers represent something real inthe universe in away words don't or are numbers purely human abstractions?
It looks like you don't or you do but your to afriad to tell me.
Your answer has nothing to do with my question.
Well you just said you didn't ask a question, but now you say you did ask a question.


Now this:

User: My arm itches.

Cleverbot: What the heck.

User: Yeah, it's either mosquito bites or this ancient manuscript I have on my head.

Cleverbot: Ah good one. Are you A.D.D.?

User: No, not ADD, but my arm does itch.

Cleverbot: Shall I caress it?

User: No, but maybe I should stop walking around with ancient manuscripts on my head. Do you think that would help?

Cleverbot: Yes, that is exactly what you must do to free yourself of the clutter that keeps you from thinking straight.

User: But can I stuff the old parchment down my pants?

Cleverbot: Yes, but that is not sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment